Subject:Redpolls and a question.
From:Andrew Birch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 3 Mar 2011 22:21:47 -0600

There were no less than 4 Hoary Redpolls under my feeders today, and while I
was processing the photos of the Hoaries I was surprised to find a Common
Redpoll that appears to be an aberrant plumage coloration.  The pink / red
parts appear to be yellow / orange.  I have seen this in House Finches but
not Redpolls  Photos can be seen here - http://bit.ly/ictqea - please reply
off-list or on the blog if you have an opinion on this bird.

Also of note today were 10 Trumpeter Swans in various small open water spots
around Longville and 30+ Evening Grosbeaks near Man Lake.

Andrew Birch
Hackensack, MN
--
MNLEP - A list for Butterfly Enthusiasts in Minnesota
http://groups.google.com/group/mnlep