Subject:MOU Nov. Trip Offer:
From:Michael Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 5 Mar 2011 11:37:14 -0800

Hello:

M.O.U. November 12-13th Field Trip to Grand Marais, Minnesota

We will meet in Duluth and organize a carpool caravan to Grand Marais,
Minnesota. We make periodic stops at several birding locations along the north
shore of Lake Superior looking for late migrants, arctic birds migrating south
like Bohemian Waxwings, Winter Finches and Snow Buntings. We will be keep an eye
out for raptors migrating down the north shore like Northern Goshawks and Golden
Eagles.  Mid November along the north shore is prime time to look for a western
strays like Townsend Solitaire, Mountain Bluebird, Varied Thrush but of course
any rarity can be found at this time of the year like the Black Guillemot that
was discovered at Taconite Harbor, MN.  So if you are interested in spending the
weekend along the north shore of Lake Superior and look for Arctic birds, late
migrants and strays this is the trip for you!

Leader:  Mike Hendrickson

Trip cost: FREE except lodging, gas, food and personal items. No trip fees or
leader fees. Those who are passengers in cars are expected to help pay for gas
expenses.
Meet: at 7:30am at the 40th Avenue West parking lot in Duluth, MN.  This is a
safe place to leave car over night and I will talk to management in allowing us
to leave cars here.

Grand Marais lodging sites: http://grandmarais.com/lodging/

We should be back in Duluth around 3 p.m. and for those who are not in a rush to
get back we can bird around Canal Park or Park Point for gulls/jaegers or
possibly Wisconsin Point for jaegers and gulls.

Field Trip participant limit:  15

How to sign up:  Email me at mlhendrickson@yahoo.com

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota