Subject:Redpolls at feeder on Gunflint Trail, Cook Co.
From:Kate Kelnberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Mar 2011 16:27:54 -0600

A mixed flock of finches(40 or so) has been feeding in our yard for the past
week +.  It was originally redpolls, pine grosbeaks and an occasional
goldfinch.  This week, at least 6 pine siskins are present as well as two
hoary redpolls.  I clearly saw both as they battled over a seed morsel in the
snow.  I am happy to report that only 3 blue-jays are coming in to feed.  I
swear I didn't make a pie!

Boreal Access Web Mailer