Subject:A birding day trip from Minneapolis: Aitkin or Sax-Zim (again?)
From:Paul Kammen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 9 Mar 2011 08:56:59 -0600

I had the first chance to finally visit Sax-Zim last week, and had a great
time but did miss out on seeing an owl. Oh well. I do want to try again
though, and with daylight savings time giving me an extra hour at night, and
warmer weather predicted, am thinking of leaving for a day-trip late morning
next week on a sunny day. My options are to go back to Sax-Zim, or to try
Aitkin County. I'm leaning towards the latter, as I've never been there.
Pastor Al gave some suggestions which I printed out for Aitkin. For the more
experienced birders, I'm just wondering where you think might be the best
chance, Sax-Zim or Aitkin, for seeing an owl, or if it's about the same and
you just have to hope for the best? Also, when going to Sax-Zim from the
Twin Cities, is it best to go to Duluth and then take 53?

Thanks,
Fr. Paul