Subject:Great Horned owl nest
From:jeff fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:29:30 -0800

Yesterday, I got my first glimpse of chicks at the great horned owl nest that I
have been watching. Last weekend when I was there both the male and female where
off of the nest trying to hunt, although the crows were making it difficult. I
thought I may have caught a glimpse of a chick but was not sure. Yesterday I did
manage to get some pics and it looks like there are at least two chicks in the
nest. There may still be a third, last time I watched this nest in 2009 they had
3 but it is hard to tell when the chicks are still small. I did a post on the
nest yesterday with pictures of the nest, chicks and both adults. If you would
like to see the pics you can check them out here

Jeff Fischer