Subject:Kestrels - Morrison and Stearns Counties
From:Betsy Beneke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 12 Mar 2011 13:14:32 -0800

On the way home from Crane Meadows NWR "Habitat Day" today, I saw 3 American
kestrels - two in Morrison County (near Royalton and Bowlus) and one in Stearns
County (between Avon and Holdingford).  Also saw two birds on the way home from
work yesterday - one in Benton County and one in Stearns County - all different
birds.  These are the first I've seen since late fall.

Snow buntings have disappeared and been replaced with horned larks - they are
plentiful on rural roads!

Redpoll population at home has increased to 13 birds this afternoon!

Betsy Beneke
Stearns County