Subject:Common Redpoll, Dakota County
From:Drew Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:07:18 -0500

Early this afternoon a lone female-type Common Redpoll visited our feeders with a swarm of American Goldfinches. While apparently very routine up north this year, the species has been nearly absent from the southern half of the state.

I'm speculating whether it's still coming south, or moving north???

Drew Smith
Eagan, Dakota County