CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2011

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2011 18:17:32 -0600

I use a company called 80/20 that produce aluminum rails like Thor's XE25
series.  The 80/20 version are a bit stronger and latch together more
easily.

http://www.8020.net/

Check under 'T-Slot Framing'
The one you want is called '10 Series' where the '10' stands for 1.0 inches.
 They also have a heavier 15 series (1.5 inch thick) that I use for building
furniture like lab benches.
They will black anodize the aluminum for you at about an extra 10% cost,
which is what you will want for an optical bench.  They also sell a very
wide variety of cable clamps, hinges, and plastic panels that you can use.
 They also sell aluminum plate, which you can have black anodized as well.

Hope this helps!

Craig