Subject:[mou-net] Lac Qui Parle County Bell's Vireo
From:Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 23 May 2011 08:28:37 -0600

Andy Forbes and I had a singing Bell's Vireo just west of Big Stone NWR=
 on
Saturday evening.  Go south from HQ on route 15 a couple of miles to th=
base of the big hill, then turn right at the crossroad on to route 15, =
and
go 1.1 miles past the Yellow Bank River bridge to where the road overlo=
oks
both the refuge on the north and the Yellow Bank River on the south
(Pileated often here).  The bird was on the south side of the road alon=
with a calling BBCuckoo.  This was part of a long big day starting at 3=
.30
a.m. in Sherburne County and looping out to Big Stone country.  We reco=
rded
144 species including 4 peep species and a Ruddy Turnstone at Albany se=
wage
ponds, Yellow-bellied Fly and Connecticut Warbler at St. John's, and Gr=
ey
Partridge and Swainson's Hawk in Kandiyohi County.
Bob Russell=