Subject:[mou-net] Red-headed Woodpecker - LaPrairie (Itasca)
From:Shawn Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 31 May 2011 05:47:40 -0600

Just as I posted the Koochiching County Big Day results to MOU-Net, Kari
heard a Red-headed Woodpecker calling outside.  I ran outside to see it
calling from the top of a half-dead silver poplar across Fraser Avenue from
our yard.  Great bird to start the day with and only the 3rd I've ever seen
in Itasca!  (The other 2 were in my old yard and Earl Orf's yard
respectively.)

--
Shawn Conrad
www.itascacnfbirding.com