Subject:[mou-net] Sprague's Pipit and Pacific Loon-Big Stone NWR.
From:Bill Unzen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 May 2011 22:12:53 -0600

At 4:20 this after noon there was a Sprague's Pipit at the recently burned
area near the junction of CR40 & CR15 at the south-central part of the
BSNWR. The bird was initially on the road shoulder then it flew and landed
in the burn. I will post a photo on the MOU recently seen page.

Shortly after 9AM I found an adult breeding-plumaged Pacific Loon on the
east pool of the refuge near the Hwy75 dam.

Also of note today:
Common Moorhen-along the auto tour route of the refuge.
American Avocet-mile SW of Rosen.

--
Bill J. Unzen
Lac Qui Parle County.