Subject:[mou-net] summer tanager - Kandiyohi co.
From:Frederickson Randy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 May 2011 07:30:31 -0600

Had a first year male summer tanager in my feeders for about an hour Sunday afternoon.
Of course, I jinxed myself when I called a friend who hadn't seen one.  The bird was not
seen after that.  I should note my wife was the person who first saw what looked like
a brightly colored house finch on steroids, with a beak that doesn't fit.

Randy Frederickson
Willmar