Subject:[mou-net] Cattle Egret- Benton
From:Milton Blomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 1 May 2011 21:19:02 -0600

Found a Cattle Egret (Gilmanton Twnshp, south of Gilman) (CR3---CR13..then quick right north on to CR82).  Checking the MOUquery database and Benton County list, this may indeed be a 1st county record for MOU.  It was in a wet, grassy ditch along a beef cattle barnyard (a nice looking farm-though the lot was very muddy as we all know).  As I was trying to get my camera to operate, it did lift up and fly over the driveway pines to the south, assumingly to land in a slough over there, though I did not pursue it.
Also, regarding yesterday's rainy-windy St. Cloud Environs outing, 72 species, of note, a Willet in Sherburne, Orange-crowned Warblers in Stearns, and many flocks of White-throated Sparrows.