Subject:[mou-net] Rice Co. Common Moorhen Photo
From:dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 1 May 2011 07:49:28 -0600

Hi All--

Erika and I found the Common Moorhen reported yesterday at River Bend Nature
Center in Faribault.  We got there around 4:30 pm and found the bird fairly
quickly as it swam in the pond near the parking lot at the Center
headquarters, as per instructions from Dave Bartkey.  I was able to get an
OK photograph, posted on my blog:

We did not see the Mockingbird that was also seen there earlier.

This morning,  1 May 2011, I banded a Hooded Warbler at my home in
Northfield.  I will publish a photo of that bird tomorrow on my blog.

Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau