Subject:[mou-net] Northern Mockingbird - Cook County
From:Andrew Nyhus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 14 May 2011 18:31:26 -0600

Saw a Northern Mockingbird just north of Grand Marais. Location is just off
Hwy 61 north of town near small apartment complex and small yellow house
with bird feeder. There were many White-crowned Sparrows, White-throated
Sparrows, Chipping Sparrows and one Lincoln's Sparrow at the feeder. I saw
the mockingbird across the neighbors yard perched on a branch for close to a
minute. Had full frontal view through spotting scope then he turned to the
side and I saw the long tail and white wing markings.

Also on the trip up here today saw 3 Peregrine Falcons, a Blackburnian
Warbler and a few Ruby-crowned Kinglets. Beautiful day here in Grand Marais.
I'll be damned if I can find a House Sparrow though..... This is my first
trip to Cook County and I need one for my county list. :)

Andy