Subject:[mou-net] White-faced Ibis, Trumpeter Swan - Lyon County
From:Roger Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 16 May 2011 21:35:57 -0600

3 White-faced Ibis, and a nesting pair of Trumpeter Swan were observed
this evening at Black Rush Lake, Lyon County.

Also, I heard a sound I am unfamiliar with. It was a repeated Whrrirrr
note with a slight hint of an owl quality. This was heard from thick in the
marsh, two individuals were heard in close proximity. Any ideas? Bird?
Frog? If you have a sound link that would be appreciated.

Roger Schroeder