CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2011

From:
Andreas Bruckbauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 03:25:16 -0400

Hello Gary,
i used the XE25 from Thorlab to build an enclosure for the LSM710 NLO, i ended up building a giant frame around the whole microscope with a TB4 hardboard at the top and BK5 blackout material around the sides. Works great to block the light, i think all microscope companies should sell enclosures with their instruments.

Make sure that any enclosure is easy to remove for the service to reach the scan head. Mine is made out of two halfs, the front one just pulls out. You can clamp the rails with XE25CL2 to the optical table.

It is a bit difficult to install or remove the incubator which is sometimes used with the mic.

best wishes

Andreas