Subject:hummers
From:Madeleine Linck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:14:21 -0500

The numbers in our yard in Medina, western Hennepin County, appear about
the same as previous years with several females aggressively defending
individual feeders and males showing up regularly, often just before
dark.  I am quite sure hummingbirds nest in the woods on our property,
but I have had no luck finding nests (the females disappear into the
woods so quickly). I would appreciate any hints on how to locate their
nests as I would like to document nesting.

Madeleine Linck
Medina, Hennepin County, Minnesota