Subject:Western Kingbirds - Sherburne County
From:Betsy Beneke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:01:07 -0700

I often take the "scenic route" home from work and today, although I've traveled CR 16 many times this year, I noticed for the first time a  western kingbird sitting on a wire at the intersection of Hwy. 25 and Sherburne CR 16 (this is SE of St. Cloud).  I turned around and watched for a few minutes as a second adult bird appeared, and then soon after 2 fledglings.  It seems that this is a bit east of their "normal" Minnesota range?

Betsy Beneke
Sherburne NWR &
Stearns County