Subject:Cassin's vs. Purple Finch
From:dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 1 Jul 2011 14:47:33 -0500

Hi All--

For those interested, I've posted an entry on identifying Cassin's Finches
on my blog (  This might be of
interest since one Cassin's Finch has been recorded from Minnesota (at least
one, according to The Birder's Guide to Minnesota Birding).  We saw them
recently in Montana and found them difficult to differentiate from Purple

Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau