Subject:Swift count in Bryn Mawr, Minneapolis
From:Claudia Egelhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 31 Jul 2011 07:22:27 -0500

In Bryn Mawr we have a new swift tower, erected last summer at the JD Rivers
Children's Garden on Glenwood Ave.   We saw no swifts roosting in 2010.

This weekend, we have two busy swifts (we assume they are parents of the
nestlings observed earlier this month) flying in and out of the tower all
day and roosting there at night.  There are another six swifts flying in the
same area in daylight but at night they find somewhere else to roost.

Claudia Egelhoff