Subject:Swift count, Hennepin county and Robin question
From:Curt Rawn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 31 Jul 2011 22:26:23 -0500

Counting at Cedar Manor School at 9400 Cedar Lake Rd, in St. Louis Park (with 86f heat and 75 dewpoint,
...not that I would mention that), I found 26 birds in a chimney where last year I found 2 birds.
I also noted 2 birds doing paired flight with wings in a 'V' position; courtship behavior, as I understand it.
Birds started entering the chimney at 8:50pm and were in by 9:15pm.
I also saw one Common Nighthawk.

A question for the Swift counters. Have you noticed Robins flying in one particular direction during these counts?
Curt Rawn