Subject:Re: Video--baby Brown Thrasher vs. Garter Snake
From:Rick Hoyme <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 7 Jul 2011 11:00:50 -0500

One time on Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis I watched a Pied-billed Grebe
attempt to eat a Sunfish it had caught. I watched it for about 20 minutes
trying to position the fish in a way that it could eat it. The fish however
looked taller than the Grebe's throat was wide. It dropped it several times,
each time retrieving it. I had to leave so I didn't know if the Grebe ever
succeeded, but I doubt it.