Subject:unknown baby duck
From:Gail Wieberdink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:20:18 -0500

This baby duck has been on Lake Vadnais (Ramsey County) in recent days and I
haven't been able to figure out what it is.  It sort of looks like a
mallard, or a wood duck, but the bill is very different and the markings are
wrong.  I've posted a couple photos on Flickr if anyone wants to take a
look.  I would really like to know what it is!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gailw/sets/72157627037309411/

If you click on the photo, you can see a larger version.

Gail Wieberdink