Subject:Stearns watch site
From:Milton Blomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 11 Jul 2011 17:25:52 -0500

While birding some BBA locales in SW Stearns w/ RFredrickson&BSample, a site w/ 137 Great Egrets along CR27, west of Elrosa, 1.5 mi west of CR13 junction.  Blue Herons, Pelicans, Cormorants and various ducks. I came back nearing sundown hoping for other herons showing up.  Many egrets were vacating SEasterly, perhaps Lake Johanna rookery, yet I counted 70 remaining with the sun dipping into the horizon. The pelicans meanwhile lifted off to the North. May well be worth a visit as the flooded water lowers and shorebirds begin! mjb