Subject:Common Moorhens - Sherburne NWR
From:Betsy Beneke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:14:19 -0700

Refuge volunteer and birder, Marcia Johnson, reported seeing a pair of common moorhens with nine little ones on the Prairie's Edge Wildlife Drive - Big Bluestem Pool - over the weekend.  I've asked the refuge's volunteer roving interpreters to keep watch and report if they see them.   Nine!!!  I'm hoping someone can get some photos, although lots of folks have been looking for them since early spring, and I've heard no reports.  Maybe with a bunch of little ones zipping around, we'll have more luck?

Betsy Beneke
Sherburne NWR