Subject:Trumpeter Swans
From:Paul Bolstad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 22 Jul 2011 05:18:14 -0500

Hello,
I hope this isn't too much bother, but I'm looking for advice on a places in the Twin Cities where I might most reliably find trumpeter swans.  My father-in-law is visiting for a few days at the start of August. He's a rather well-known, retired ornithologist, Jerry Brown, and we usually spend a day birding when he's here.  I recently learned he's not ever seen trumpeter swans.  I live the the northeast metro, and see them on several lakes, e.g., Vadnais, Oneka, but not reliably.  I've noted the west metro lakes listed as likely spots in the book "Birds of Minnesota," but on visits over the past few weeks, have found none.

So, if there are any suggestions, I'd much appreciate it.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate use of the list-serve.

Paul Bolstad