Subject:Western Kingbirds, Ramsey, Anoka County
From:Erika Sitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 2 Jul 2011 21:10:46 -0500

Today, a little before 8pm, my husband and I spotted a pair of Western
Kingbirds, by their nest, and feeding young, along US10 in Ramsey.  The
tree, a small jack pine,  is about a half mile west of the intersection of
US10 and CR56, on the river side of the highway.  It can be safely observed
from a small pullout directly across the highway.  Look for a blue sign
saying something like "Future Site of Ramsey Station", "North Star Commuter
Rail".  The Ramsey municipal parking ramp is in the background; the tree can
also be seen from the frontage road across the railroad tracks, Civic Center
Drive.  Bring a scope.  Stopping close to the nest on the east bound
shoulder isn't recommended because of the heavy, fast traffic.

Erika Sitz

Ramsey, north Anoka County