Subject:Re: Bluebirds in Plymouth
From:Liz Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:31:16 -0500

I have a bluebird sitting on 5 eggs now. It's the third brood of the
season. The first was lost to predation when the chicks were 3 days old,
and the second fledged 4 chicks, which the parents are currently feeding.
I did notice that they started almost a month later this year than they
did last year. My neighborhood has a lot of mature trees and probably
wouldn't be considered ideal bluebird habitat, but there must be enough
open area that they find it acceptable. Plus I bribe them with a
continuous supply of mealworms. ;)

--
Liz Stanley
Bloomington, MN