Subject:[mou-net] Ruffed Grouse/Lark Sparrows--Goodhue Co.
From:dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 Aug 2011 07:44:38 -0600

Hi All--

While biking the Cannon Valley Trail in Goodhue Co. yesterday, Erika
discovered and I photographed a Ruffed Grouse.  The bird was along the
Cannon River about two miles west of Welsh Station (just west of two benches
overlooking the river).  The photographs and a blog discussion are at
http://dantallmansbirdblog.blogspot.com

We also saw several Lark Sparrows near mile post 5.  We also saw them at the
same location last week, when we saw four or five.  Last week they gave the
impression of being a family group, with what may have been fully-grown
young hopping and closely following what may have been adults.  On both
occasions, the birds flew up from the busy bike trail, and have not to date
allowed really close approach.

Dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau