Subject:[mou-net] Blue Grosbeak, Murray Cty. Aug. 18
From:[log in to unmask]
Date:Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:27:24 -0600

While stopped at a quarry pit pond I was delighted to hear a Blue Grosbeak singing away.  I located him on a tree in the middle of the lake.  He sang for the whole time I was there.  This is located towards the eastern edge of the county in Des Moines River Township, .2 mile west of County 42 (260th Av.) on 81st St.  He was towards the western end of the pond.

I saw very few shorebirds, with little variety.  One small mud hole in Pipestone County and in Cottonwood County a small wetland off Hwy 71.

Linda Sparling