Subject:[mou-net] 2 Parasitic Jaegers, Am. Pipit & more (WI Point & Hawk Ridge sightings), with photos
From:Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:18:27 -0600

Below are some photographs I took while at Wisconsin Point this morning
Bald Eagles at sunrise:
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024347
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024344

Parasitic Jaegers (adult and juvenile in the same photo)
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024388

Juvenile Parasitic Jaeger:
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024363
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024360
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024366

Herring Gull and Ring-billed Gulls... It's so much fun to photograph
gulls from unique angles.
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024354
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024369
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024373
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024375
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024380
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024384
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138024386

Here is my list from birding at Wisconsin Point this morning (Lot A)
Canada Goose  50
Blue-winged Teal  30
Green-winged Teal  10
Common Loon  1
Double-crested Cormorant  3
American White Pelican  1
Bald Eagle  2
Black-bellied Plover  1
Semipalmated Plover  2
Bonaparte's Gull  4
Ring-billed Gull  900
Herring Gull  100
tern sp.  1
Parasitic Jaeger  2
American Crow  1
American Pipit  1
White-throated Sparrow  10
Recent Hawk Ridge shots...
Here is an immature Northern Harrier I photographed today at Hawk
Ridge. The Northern Harriers are so beautiful and unique, especially
when you see them up close! This is one of my personal favorite shots
I've taken so far this fall...
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138023919
<http://www.pbase.com/image/138023919>

Below are photos taken with the more basic point-and-shoot, of an
adult and juvenile Northern Harrier next to each other, as well as a
close up of the gray ghost (adult male). It was so cool to see them up
close!
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/137954989
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/137954987

Ruby-throated Hummingbird at the ridge:
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138023920

A recent front has forced through the area, and strong west &
northwest winds are expected over the next few days... just in time
for the Broad-winged Hawks' big push through Hawk Ridge.

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Bird photography and birding tours
www.pbase.com/birdfedr