Subject:[mou-net] Carlton County - Red-necked Phalaropes & Red-headed Woodpecker
From:Bob Ekblad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Sep 2011 18:33:50 -0600

I located a pair of Red-necked Phalaropes at the Moose Lake Sewage Ponds
(Carlton County) this afternoon.  They were easily viewed from the gate.
They were in the cell to the right side of the gate.

I also spotted an immature Red-headed Woodpecker flying along the power
poles next to the road just east of the small town of Automba located 2
miles from the Aitkin Cty border and 7 miles north of the Pine Cty border.

Also, in Chisago County, I was able to relocate 5 American Golden-Plovers
that had been previously posted on the MOU Sightings Database.  They were at
the 2nd sod field on west side of Keystone north of Hwy 95 (approx 4 miles
east of North Branch).

Bob Ekblad
Olmsted County in SE Minnesota
http://www.Birding-Minnesota.com