Subject:[mou-net] Black-throated Blue Warbler and others - Old Cedar Ave - Hennepin County
From:Ben Harste <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 19 Sep 2011 20:23:30 -0600

I went to Old Cedar Avenue this afternoon and walked on the Ridge trail west
from the parking lot.

Highlights included:
Franklin's Gull - About 15 traveling back and forth over Long Meadow Lake.
Northern Harrier - Circling over Long Meadow Lake, seen from the woods.
White Pelican - About 70
Magnolia Warbler -
Wilson's Warbler - 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 1st of the fall for me.

Black-throated Blue Warbler - 1 female.  This was the biggest highlight, a
lifer for me.  I decided to go to Old Cedar to look for warblers because I
saw a report of a Black-throated Blue Warbler on eBird on Saturday morning,
but I didn't expect to find a BTBW as well.

Happy birding,
Ben Harste