Subject:Re: [mou-net] Alert: Juvenile Purple Sandpiper in Swift County
From:J. Schmidt
Date:Sat, 15 Oct 2011 19:38:04 -0600

I was able to reach the location about 2:00 and found the Purple Sandpiper at about 2:20.  I did not relocate the Sanderling however.  The sandpiper was sitting in the rocks on the east side of the road very near the north end of the road that crosses a large slough in the WPA.  I watched the bird until about 2:50.  At that point a pickup drove by and the bird flew out over the water and immediately returned to the same spot on the edge of the road.
Joel Schmidt