Subject:Old Cedar Ave Bridge was just ducky this am
From:Warren Woessner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 6 Nov 2011 20:23:20 +0000

Between Hwy 77 and the Observation Platform just west of the Parking Lot were 14 species of waterfowl Sun am. I added one more - Hooded Merganser, in the pond between Black Dog Rd and 77. I couldn't find a duck on Black Dog Lake (W.) but lots of gulls are building up around the power plant and I saw  at least 5 Bald Eagles.

Tundra Swan - many, easier to see from NWR HQ overlook

Trumpeter Swan

Can Goose

Coot

Wood Duck

GW Teal (3)

Black Duck (1)

Mallard

Pintail (4)

N Shoveler

Gadwall

RN Duck 4

Ruddy Duck (2)

Amer Wigeon

Also a SS Hawk chasing (or chased by a Pileated Woodpecker) and then chased off by a Crow.

Warren Woessner