Subject:Fish Crows in Minneapolis????
From:dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Nov 2011 09:19:13 -0600

Hi All--

Working on my blog, I serendipitously wrote a post today about the Fish
Crow. ( ) Come to discover that
Fish Crows are found up the Mississippi Valley to St. Louis and
accidentally into southern Ontario!  Fish Crows are moving north. Twice
this fall I saw or heard odd crows.  One was noticeably small but not
obviously young.  Another time I heard crows call like a Fish Crow--this
was in Updown near 47th street or so.  At the time, not knowing that a Fish
Crow was remotely possible, I wrote the calls off as off-pitch American

No way I am listing these!  But we should be on the alert.  The two species
are so similar, I am somewhat puzzled as to how one would tell them apart
here in Minnesota.  I have Fish and American crow calls on the blog.

Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau