Subject:Fish Crows in Minneapolis????
From:dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Nov 2011 09:19:13 -0600

Hi All--

Working on my blog, I serendipitously wrote a post today about the Fish
Crow. ( http://dantallmansbirdblog.blogspot.com ) Come to discover that
Fish Crows are found up the Mississippi Valley to St. Louis and
accidentally into southern Ontario!  Fish Crows are moving north. Twice
this fall I saw or heard odd crows.  One was noticeably small but not
obviously young.  Another time I heard crows call like a Fish Crow--this
was in Updown near 47th street or so.  At the time, not knowing that a Fish
Crow was remotely possible, I wrote the calls off as off-pitch American
Crows.

No way I am listing these!  But we should be on the alert.  The two species
are so similar, I am somewhat puzzled as to how one would tell them apart
here in Minnesota.  I have Fish and American crow calls on the blog.

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau