Subject:Re: Fish Crows in Minneapolis????
From:Stevan Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Nov 2011 13:25:07 -0600

Dan:

As you are well aware, lots of species are separable by call mainly or only.
Per the 6th, 2011, edition of the National Geographic field guide the best
way to separate Fish Crow from other species of crows is by call.  Cornell
University http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/search has calls for both
American Crow and Fish Crow;  Xeno-Canto http://www.xeno-canto.org/ has even
more calls for both.  This particular conundrum is reason for folks to carry
audio recording equipment in the field.

Onward!

Steve

Stevan Hawkins