Subject:Re: Rarities
From:[log in to unmask]
Date:Tue, 8 Nov 2011 10:01:14 -0500

How many square miles is the state of minnesota?

Answer:  Total Area: 84,068 square miles (217,736 square kilometers -
the 12th largest state)

This is the only fact I have to base any hypothesis on.

Read more:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_square_miles_is_the_state_of_minnesota#ixzz1d7h1x6lu

Read more:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_square_miles_is_the_state_of_minnesota#ixzz1d7gv2KOW

How many serious birders are in minnesota that would recognize a rarity?

(I'd guess mou members and mou / mnbird subscribers make up the
majority)

How many hours are these individuals "bird watching"?

(Me 10-20 hrs a week?? Out of 168 available. Most of this on my one acre
property and not a lot beyond. Others like yourself many more.)

How many square miles are inhabitable or impassable for humans, but not
for birds?

(Majority of birdy habitat is not easily accessible, land or water.)

How often even when Seen or heard is a rarity unidentifiable or perhaps
not excepted?

(Think records committee)

How many birds migrate or move during dark hours?

(Majority rules again)

How close to state boundaries are some rarities regularly seen?

I'd bet there could be multiple vermilion flycatchers probably not
multiple scrub jays)

How many more questions like this can we ask?

(Many)

Number of rarities seen or verified vs unseen?

Answer: ???? I'd bet easily into the hundreds maybe thousands.

Thank you,
Blaine Seeliger
avocet13@charter.net
612-414-0214