Subject:Fwd: [mou-net] plain-tailed wren duet research--- from Science Now
From:marshall or janet howe/mcmillen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 9 Nov 2011 09:56:23 -0600

Two U.S. species I have heard duetting are Carolina wrens and great crested
flycatchers.  The latter is particularly interesting, because duetting
mainly occurs in non-migratory species with long-term pair bonds.  Great
crested flycatchers are highly migratory, though many other members of
their genus, *Myiarchus*, are tropical and sedentary.

Marshall Howe