Subject:Adult Thayer's Gull photos from this morning, and tips for learning to ID Thayer's Gulls
From:Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 9 Nov 2011 11:02:53 -0600

I visited Canal Park at sunrise this morning. Among the Herring Gulls and
Ring-billed Gulls, one gorgeous adult THAYER'S GULL made an appearance. Two
Common Goldeneyes and a lone female Red-breasted Merganser were seen
swimming around too.

In the four links below, I have attached pictures of the Thayer's Gull from
this morning, as well as little tricks and tools-of-the-trade to identify
them from the similar Herring Gulls which they are often found nearby. I
hope you enjoy the identification tidbits :-)
http://www.pbase.com/image/139512782
http://www.pbase.com/image/139512780
http://www.pbase.com/image/139512783
http://www.pbase.com/image/139512779

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Guided Birdwatching Trips and Bird photography
www.pbase.com/birdfedr