Subject:Townsend's Solitaire in Duluth Township
From:Jim Lind <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 9 Nov 2011 18:11:55 -0600

This afternoon I saw a Townsend's Solitaire in Duluth Township along
the West Knife River Road.  From Duluth, take Highway 61 northeast to
the Homestead Road (CR 42).  Go north on the Homestead Road for about
6 miles until it comes to a T.  Turn left (west), and go about 0.3
mile on the West Knife River Road.  The bird was foraging on
buckthorn berries along the road.  This is a fairly consistent spot
for Bohemian Waxwings in the winter (although I haven't see any yet
this year).

Tuesday morning I saw a Short-eared Owl on the Two Harbors golf
course, about a quarter mile east of the clubhouse, on the north end
of the "driving range".

Jim Lind
Two Harbors