Subject:Alexandria CBC
From:Alex Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 12 Nov 2011 09:21:34 -0600

Greetings!

Three Ways to Participate This Year in the 2011 Christmas Bird Count!

1st way to participate:  While there are a great many CBCs occurring on the
Saturday before Christmas, the Prairie Lakes Birding Club welcomes you to
join us December 17th at 7:00 am at Lake Carlos State Park Visitor Center
as we make teams and head out into the count circle for the 2nd Alexandria
CBC.  Last year 34 species and 632 individual birds were counted by 12
participants and with your help, we hope to grow these numbers this year.
Please visit our MN CBC page at http://moumn.org/CBC/locations.php?cid=339
for more details including the count circle boundaries.

2nd way to participate:  Record the bird species and numbers that are
visiting your feeders on December 17th and call them in to me.   Families
are encouraged to participate in a feeder count if they cannot be out in
the field during the actual count.

3rd way to participate:  There will be a public program the night before
the count December 16th entitled the "Christmas Bird Count Warm-up" at the
Lake Carlos State Park Visitor Center from 7:00 - 8:30 where we will
discuss the history of the CBC, review what we saw last year and learn
about some of the birds that may be found in the circle and at your bird
feeders.

You can reply to me if you are interested in participating.

Alex Watson
royaltern@gmail.com
320-763-7940

Thank you for your interest!