Subject:Tundra Swans in Rice Co.
From:Forest Strnad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 12 Nov 2011 19:18:01 -0800

Kirsten and I birded west from Faribault to Cody Lake, which is on CR 59 west of Lonsdale. On Wells Lake we saw 6 Pied-billed Grebes and many Ring-billed Gulls. On CR 12 we saw 2 Eastern Bluebirds on the wires. We saw our first pheasant (a hen) of the year driving on CR 37 in a brushy/grassy area.  On Cody Lake near the island we saw 4 Tundra Swans - 2 adults and 2 juvenile (gray) swans.

Rev. Forest V. Strnad
Faribault, MN