Subject:MRVAC Holiday Auction
From:Steve Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 Nov 2011 02:27:43 -0600

 2011 Holiday Auction

*Where*: Our annual fundraising auction will be held at the Minnesota
Valley National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center: 3815 American Blvd E,
Bloomington.

*When: *Thursday November 17, 2011 at 6:00-9:00 pm.

   - *6:00 *pm *Drop off auction donations*, check out the other items and
   enjoy *refreshments.*
   - *7:00 – 8:20 *pm *Live auction with Sharon Stiteler (The Bird Chick)
   as our auctioneer. *
   - *8:20 – 8:55 *pm check out and clean up.

*Why: *Raise money for the Refuge and other environmental education
projects.

*Who*: You and your friends. Please come to the Auction and buy something.
We will have items in every price range. If you can donate something to
sell, wonderful!

Get some of your holiday shopping done, have fun and raise money to support
a variety of environmental education projects. Here are some examples of
items you will find at the auction:

   - Print by Owen Gromme called Distant Thunder, of Passenger Pigeons.
   Retail value $245. Take a look at the
image<http://www.artbarbarians.com/gallery2/main.asp?artist=220&pic=9985>
   .
   - Bird houses and feeders donated by All Seasons Wild Bird
Store<http://www.wildbirdstore.com/>
   - Gift certificates donated by Milio’s Subs <http://www.milios.com/>
   - Pie for a Year donated by Baker’s Square <http://www.bakerssquare.com/>
   - Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
<http://www.arboretum.umn.edu/>admission tickets
   - The book Twelve
Owls<http://www.amazon.com/Twelve-Owls-Laura-Erickson/dp/0816677581>by
Laura Erickson & Betsy Bowen
   - Birding guide Birds of North America & Greenland (Princeton
   Illustrated Checklists)<http://www.amazon.com/Birds-North-America-Greenland-Illustrated/dp/0691151407/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt>
   - Home-made goodies: bread, cookies, candy and jams
   - Lenox bird figurines
   - Vortex Diamondback 8x42 Binoculars & Harness Strap

Come and bid often, bid high and have fun doing it for our environmental
education program

Steve Weston
sweston2@comcast.net