Subject:Birding Request
From:Michael Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 2 Nov 2011 20:14:00 -0700

Since winter is right around the corner I thought I make a requ
Hello:

Since winter is right around the corner I thought I make a request to all MOU members who are subscribe to the MOU listserv to not post exact owl locations if you spot an owl this winter season or any roosting owl locations to the MOU listserv.  I also would hope that all the MOU-RBA editors do the same on the RBA weekly postings.

This is just a request I am asking to all MOU members and non members who are subscribe to the MOU listserv.  It seems every winter season there are ethical issues going on each winter season when a owl is located and the exact owl location is shared on the MOU listserv.

I definitely like to see MOU listserv subscribers mention any owls sightings they see on their post but instead of sharing the exact location I would prefer subscribers post county, township, or state park, county park and etc.. anything that is vague enough but not the exact location.

I am not trying to create a debate here but requesting MOU listserv subscribers to not post exact owl locations this winter season.

Thank for your consideration

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota