Subject:Summer Tanager at CNC
From:Larry Sirvio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:57:18 -0600

The summer tanager is still at Carpenter Nature Center (Friday 11/18)
It was seen near the apple shack about 10:30 and later near the administration bldg. The admin bldg area seems to be a good place to find it when the sun is shining - The bird was seen on the roof and gutters hawking insects when it warmed up today. It has also been seen eating berries from ivy vines on the east side of the center bldg. I'll post another photo on the MOU website. I had better light today so the bird was not in shadow - as was the case earlier in the week.

Tom Bell was happy to add a new Washington Co bird to his list today.