Subject:Pine Grosbeak - Washington County
From:Mike Majeski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 18 Nov 2011 19:59:31 -0600

This afternoon I spotted a male Pine Grosbeak feeding in a small crab apple tree along Afton Hills Drive S. near Afton MN.  The bird was on private property, but could be viewed from the road.  From Stagecoach Trail in Afton (just north of Afton), take a left at Afton Hills Drive South and follow for approx.  mile to where the road "Y's".  Veer to the left and follow Afton Hills Drive S. for about 0.4 miles.  The grosbeak was seen in one of two small crab apple trees located just northwest of Afton Hills Drive S.  When I left the area around 4:00 p.m., the grosbeak was no longer in the crab apples.  I did manage to take a very poor, zoomed in cell phone image, so if anyone wants to see the pic, drop me an e-mail.

Mike Majeski