Subject:Clay County Common Raven, Becker County Eurasian Collared-Doves
From:MARK OTNES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 19 Nov 2011 08:18:11 -0600

On Friday (11/18) afternoon I hit a few spots in Clay and western Becker
counties.  At Buffalo River State Park in Clay County I heard a Common
Raven calling.  It was snowing at the time and visibility was bad, so I
didn't get to see it.

At Dunton Lock County Park in Becker County:
Scaup species - 1
Hooded Merganser - 1
Wood Duck - 1
Mallard - 17

Calloway, Becker County:
Eurasian Collared-Dove - 3

There's apparently a pretty good rodent crop in the northern part of Hamden
Slough NWR as there were a lot of raptors in that area.  The birding was
actually pretty good there:
Rough-legged Hawk - 9
Northern Harrier - 2
Bald Eagle - 1