Subject:Golden Eagle, Snowy Owl and Rough-legged Hawks in northern Polk County
From:Heidi Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 19 Nov 2011 18:25:38 -0600

At 2pm this afternoon just south of Warren Minnesota, I spotted a
Merlin at 190th Street NW & 280th Ave NW, and then a Golden Eagle at
190th St NW and 310th Ave NW (just south of the Warren Airport).  From
there I drove over to the Warren Sewage Lagoons and found the Snowy
Owl sitting on a power pole (and 7 Snow Buntings on the road).  On the
way back to 190th and 280th, I spotted 5 Rough-legged Hawks. Earlier
in the day I spotted 5 Bald Eagles flying over the Agassiz Valley
Flood Control impoundment at Polk County 68 and 190th St NW.

--
Heidi Hughes
Warren, MN